the Dandy Summer Special 2016 is now available

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

blaing

the Dandy Summer Special 2016 is now available

Post by blaing »

Just in from the D. C. Thomson shop is this years' Dandy Summer special. I have a link to the Beano Summer Special in the Beano forum.

Here is the link:

https://www.dcthomsonshop.co.uk/our-bra ... ecial.html

Digifiend

Re: the Dandy Summer Special 2016 is now available

Post by Digifiend »

Just bought it. Contains reprint of material from between the mid 1990s and 2007. Since I only bought the Dandy regularly from the 2010 revamp, it's all new to me.

Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Just bought this and it just made me yearn for the Dandy weekly comic again. The last incarnation (post-Dandy Xtreme hideousness) was the funniest comic that had been on the shelves for years imho. The kids loved it too! If The Beano Studios project takes off for DCT, it would be great if they could put aside some profit to maybe even launch a monthly Dandy in the style of the last weekly. THAT is where i would like to see Nigel Parkinson's Cuddles and Dimples return that he is teasing us with!!

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

id rather see the dandy return in the style of the 50s-80s but never gonna happen :lol: But wish they would bring out a best of dandy and a best of beano in the style of best of topper or beezer or classics from the comics as they have never done a best of for those 2 titles.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Classics ended because sales were too low when they started using external printers (though they really should've given more notice, they advertised a next issue that never came). Sadly, it's not coming back, in any form (just have to make do with the yearly classic Beano/Dandy annual). It originally launched as a merger of the Best of Beezer and Best of Topper titles - which both did also use Beano and Dandy material, as these covers show:
ImageImage