Daleks collection

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Daleks collection

Post by colcool007 »

stevezodiac wrote:
23 Nov 2020, 18:33
If anyone sees a bloke in a fedora, leather jacket and whip, that's me. Not Indiana Jones but Rotherhithe Mitch and the Elusive Bookazine.
I think I'd rather read that than the Daleks magazine! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Tried Smith's at Liverpool Street and Victoria stations today. No luck. It's not even on the Smiths website nor Panini's. I give up.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

stevezodiac wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 14:26
Tried Smith's at Liverpool Street and Victoria stations today. No luck. It's not even on the Smiths website nor Panini's. I give up.
Never fear. Colcool is here! I have a spare one now Steve. PM me your address.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I received a copy in the post yesterday courtesy of colcool. Thanks, much appreciated.

Captain underpants

Post by Captain underpants »

The Gerry Anderson website also has it for sale, so no need to pay the silly eBay prices :D

davidandrewsimpson

Post by davidandrewsimpson »

I just got an e-mail from Forbidden Planet.com saying that my copy has been sent, so it looks like they finally got new stock in.

Captain underpants

Got my copy today in the post, the wife nabbed it telling me that’s going to be one of my Christmas presents :o

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

I’ve just finished reading mine. Loved it!

SID

Post by SID »

Captain underpants wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 20:29
Got my copy today in the post, the wife nabbed it telling me that’s going to be one of my Christmas presents :o
What!!?? That's terrible! :shock: :wink:

It will be well worth the wait. :D
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Captain underpants

SID wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 19:51

Then to rub salt in the wound my daughter tells me that the Trigan empire vol 2 she ordered for me for Christmas will be late :censored:
Plus now in tier 4 even living at the coast away from the city’s and big towns don’t save you from the effects of the COVID lergie we needed Dan Dare to save the day

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Planned to get my hair cut next week. That's been kyboshified. Looks like another period of looking like a seventies prog rock star.

Back on topic my one complaint is the reduced size of the strips. Eyestrainsville Arizona.

SID

Post by SID »

19 Dec 2020, 21:05
SID wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 19:51

Then to rub salt in the wound my daughter tells me that the Trigan empire vol 2 she ordered for me for Christmas will be late :censored:
Plus now in tier 4 even living at the coast away from the city’s and big towns don’t save you from the effects of the COVID lergie we needed Dan Dare to save the day
If you mean from Amazon, I see that it is not available until Christmas Eve. For me, it will be something to look forward when it comes through the post between Christmas and New Year.

Definitely agree that we need Dan Dare to save the day. :D

I also think we need Judge Dredd to stop people from breaking COVID rules/guidelines.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

SID

Post by SID »

Did you get your Trigan Empire volume 2 today, CU?
My copy from Amazon came through this morning. :cheers:

Regarding The Dalek Collection, I saw a few copies at last in my local WHSmith.

PS A big THANK YOU to my local WHSmith for having my copy of The Dandy Annual this Christmas Eve when all the other shops had sold out. :up:

Captain underpants

SID wrote:
24 Dec 2020, 20:37
Did you get your Trigan Empire volume 2 today, CU?
My copy from Amazon came through this morning. :cheers:

Regarding The Dalek Collection, I saw a few copies at last in my local WHSmith.

PS A big THANK YOU to my local WHSmith for having my copy of The Dandy Annual this Christmas Eve when all the other shops had sold out. :up:

The Trigan Empire turned up late last night so will get later today From my daughter as I’m her support bubble