New Dennis TV Series

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

SID

Re: New Dennis TV Series

Post by SID »

I see that they are now repeating the earlier Dennis and Gnashers.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

I told you that last week. :P
Digifiend wrote: http://www.beanotown.com/index.php?id=104
More episode titles:
Monday 5th - No Pies For Pie-Face
Tuesday 6th - Dog Tired
Wednesday 7th - The Way Of Den-Do
Thursday 8th - Smelling Of Roses
Friday 9th - Curtains For Dennis
Looks like tomorrow's is the last new episode.
The Way of Den-Do was the first episode.
Last edited by Digifiend on 14 Oct 2009, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.

patpending

Post by patpending »

As Dennis's world in the Beano becomes aligned with that on the telly, I note in Beano 3505 that the Colonel looks quite different (without checking, no hat - bigger moustache?) and so does Bea (big open eyes).

The whole of page 5 is a "generating electricity from Bea's pump gas" gag. Do they have that kind of stuff on the TV series?

Steve Henderson

Post by Steve Henderson »

They did the electricity fartgas gag in Thursdays episode 'smelling of roses'

MikeC

Post by MikeC »

SID wrote:I see that they are now repeating the earlier Dennis and Gnashers.
Reprints!!! Blah! Disgrace.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

I hope that's sarcasm, because he's referring to the TV series, not The Beano. ;)

MikeC

Post by MikeC »

Yep, I must master the emoticons, I come across as qite aggressive but I don't mean to - I just thought it was funny that the issue of reused material had arisen so quickly :grouphug: !

Steve Henderson

Borders bookstore have in stock the 70th Birthday Beano package with Beano Video, Beano Videostars, Dennis and Gnasher (1996) vols 1,2,3 and Bananaman vols 1,2,3 for all those curious enough to wish to view them again. I bought the package without the Bananaman DVDs so am a little gutted! The cover is the characters around a massive cake drawn by what looks to be Nigel Pakinson.

I presume this is a company wide thing

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Since Bananaman is included, I assume it's actually a Beano-Dandy joint branded package.

Steve Henderson

You will be overjoyed to know that the Dandy is actually mentioned on the box Digifiend

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Thought I'd bump this since the earlier episodes are being shown on BBC1 at the moment and the later ones were shown on CBBC channel last month.

Today's BBC1 episode, Rubberbands and Paperclips (ep12), really highlights the changes, and what's stayed the same. Halfway through the episode, Dad gets fired. He tries other jobs. As a postman, he gets distracted by a rubber band holding some mail together. In the past, surely Gnasher would've failed to recognise him and gnashed him! He's even done that to Dennis in the Beano once when he was disguised as a postie. But the end of the episode showed a bit of consistancy. All episode, Dennis had been asking for a new bike, and because he wrecked the house, even Dad getting his job back on triple pay wasn't enough. Dennis got his pocket money stopped until he's in his 30s! Some things never change! :lol:

And at the beginning of the episode, there was even a reference to Dan Dare, something the comic would probably never do. The scene where Dad begs for a pay rise reminded me of The Simpsons, as Scrimp forgetting Dad's name (which obviously is a running gag used to avoid revealing it) is just like Mr Burns always forgetting Homer's name.