Best of land battle

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

johnny red

Best of land battle

Post by johnny red »

Anyone know when the 'Best of Land Battle' from titan is to be released?

Digifiend

Re: Best of land battle

Post by Digifiend »

Should've already come out.
http://www.play.com/Books/Books/-/203/2 ... oduct.html
Due for release on 27 Aug 2010

wilsia

Post by wilsia »

Unfortunately "Best of Land Battle" like many other planned releases by Titan has dropped off the radar.

I had ordered the "Best of Land Battle, Johnny Red, Darkies Mob, Rat Pack from Amazon and not one has come out. In the the case of Johnny Red it is now over 15 months since it was first announced that it was goiing to be released.

As the publication date gets closer I will be sure to get a e mail from Amazon pushing the release date back further. I was told recently that the Rat Pack book is no longer available yet around the same time, the Major Easy book is advertised for release.

Which of course is great news if it was to happen.

Whats going on here? Is Titan advertising these books on Amazon to see what sort of interest there is before they deide to run with it?

The Best of Action is due out next week but considering the advert on Amazon dosnt even have a picture of the cover I doubt that will happen.

Very annoying indeed.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

On a similar note, it seems the much-anticipated Century 21 Annual 2011 may not be published either. I've heard that publishers Reynolds and Hearn have gone into liquidation and although it seems someone else will be continuing their Century 21 reprints there's no word on whether they'll pick up the reigns on the annual.

http://www.fanderson.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=6904

wilsia

Post by wilsia »

More bad news indeed. That was another annual that I had ordered for my christmas stocking.
Im also waiting on a Andy Capp annual which has already been delayed.

moose

Post by moose »

Everything from Titan is currently on hold following a recent editorial and management restructure and a change of priorities.

Johnny Red was due to go to press two weeks ago, Charley's War volume 7 is being rushed through at the moment, and Darkie's Mob is running past deadline. Work for Best of Action, Best of Land Battle, Major Eazy and Rat Pack has ceased as Darkie is the top priority at the moment.

All the delayed books are now due next year.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

moose wrote:All the delayed books are now due next year.
Will Roy of the Rovers- The Early Years (1954-55) be included in the batch, moose? I'm getting seriously tired of waiting for it. In my opinion the company gives the impression that it doesn't know what it's doing, and as a consequence nor does anybody else.

davidandrewsimpson

Post by davidandrewsimpson »

Best place to get news of UK comics reprints is Steve Holland's blog, http://bearalley.blogspot.com/ where he runs reular listings of what's due out what's been released recently.

Also, it's a fascinating blog on UK comics, paperback novels, old story papers , etc

David

wilsia

Post by wilsia »

I spoke to Titan a few days ago and they advised me that "Best of Land Battle" and "Best of Action are def going to happen but it will be next year.

He did say however that Andy Capp annual will be out late october and Johnny Red in
November.

No word yet on the Roy of the Rovers archives which is the one I would most like to see published.

moose

Post by moose »

I've seen no mention of ROTR on any schedules I've had from Titan.

Everything is currently on hold as Darkie's Mob seems to be top priority, but there are a few problems with getting that book out.

Johnny Red and Charley 7 are already in production, but after that it's all a mystery. The content for BOLB was sent back in May, but no-one ever signed off on it so it might all get changed.