The Final Dandy

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

django

Re: The Final Dandy

Post by django »

Is anyone else still waiting for their copy to turn up?, I ordered mine on the 10th November, I emailed DC Thomson on Sunday but they haven't replied yet!.

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

This is how the Bamboo Town strip originally appeared in the 1943 Dandy Monster Comic
376939034.103665.jpg

NP

Post by NP »

django wrote:Is anyone else still waiting for their copy to turn up?, I ordered mine on the 10th November, I emailed DC Thomson on Sunday but they haven't replied yet!.
You're not alone, I still haven't got my copy, ordered on November 4th. If I hadn't had to pass some copies on to Paul McCartney, I wouldn't have read one yet.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Has anybody received a copy from DC Thomson's second print run from their shop or is it too early? I ordered mine about Thursday last week. I expect they were swamped with orders.

NP

Post by NP »

We haven't recieved any from the FIRST print run.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

I got mine as part of my normal subscription.

I'm trying to figure out what got changed in the Bamboo Town reprints, if anything.

blaing

Post by blaing »

django wrote:Is anyone else still waiting for their copy to turn up?, I ordered mine on the 10th November, I emailed DC Thomson on Sunday but they haven't replied yet!.
I got mine in the mail this morning, and I plan to write my thoughts on the final issue on my blog in the next couple of days.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

NP wrote:
You're not alone, I still haven't got my copy, ordered on November 4th. If I hadn't had to pass some copies on to Paul McCartney, I wouldn't have read one yet.

is that you hob-nobbing with the toffs again, Nigel?

You name-dropper, you!

NP

Post by NP »

Still haven't got one, though!

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

AndyB wrote:I got mine as part of my normal subscription.

I'm trying to figure out what got changed in the Bamboo Town reprints, if anything.
Nothing has changed regards to dialog artwork etc the only difference is the paper (obviously) and the background has been lightened and there is no 127 (the page number it appeared on in the 1943 monster comic)

alanultron5

Post by alanultron5 »

If you watch the `Comics Uk` three part TV specials `Bamboo Town` is highlighted -`because` of its `Cod` English as spoken by Foreigners!

Regarding Paul McCartbey, I have a copy of the NME he said he wanted to be in `Dandy` its the 15th Feb 1963 issue in `Life-Lines` Wish I could find a way of posting it here!
A Face unclouded by thought.

NP

Post by NP »

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Just to prove it never fails to surprise in that you can't keep a good comic down.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

He could mean Paul McCartney the comic dealer.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

I don't think this was posted - Jamie Smart interviewed: http://www.comicsgrid.com/2012/12/inter ... mie-smart/