Bear Alley books -Lion

Buster, Whizzer and Chips, Whoopee, Wham, Smash, you name it!

Moderator: AndyB

Peter Gray

Bear Alley books -Lion

Post by Peter Gray »

Bear alley books are doing a great new book on Lion...well worth supporting..

I'll do some blog posts on Lion when I can..

maybe other blogs could advertise this...doing features on Lion..

well done to Steve for doing this...i'll be putting my order in as soon as I can..thoguh my scanner has decided not to work...I must have deleted something by mistake when I was trying to make more memory on my computer..

http://bearalleybooks.blogspot.com/2013 ... ers_3.html

David McDonald

Re: Bear Alley books -Lion

Post by David McDonald »

Nice find, as you can probably tell I have just found the active topic button!

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

I've got my book today...

Very interesting reading the first bit how Lion was like a Eagle comic type at the beginning..
liked how well school friend did which is almost forgotten which performed at the same level as Eagle in selling..

Eagle being American icon...Lion being a British icon..also how Archie (which I'm enjoying more these days) was just a short lived strip called Jungle Robot and it was only 5 years later it came back!

I like seeing all the humour reprints in one section...useful for finding when Lion Lot started with Reg and Leo Baxendale..

A very nice book...loads to read and reread for reference...

i hope Bear alley books will run and run...Valiant in the future is on my wish list index

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Just got home to find mine waiting too. Steve really has done a wonderful job with this - I can't recommend it highly enough! Though I already have a copy of his original Lion Index (versions of which are probably still floating around on eBay) comparing the two is a bit like setting a Rolls Royce alongside a Morris Minor.

To whet peoples' appetites here's a marvelous still from 'The Avengers' that appears in the introduction where Diana Rigg is shown reading the first 40 page issue of Lion:

- Phil Rushton