Recent Events on the Forum

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Al
Sir!

Recent Events on the Forum

Post by Al »

This forum has taken on a rather unpleasant feel in the past few months, and we will not tolerate it any longer.

From this moment forward, if members post insulting or flaming comments, the comments will be removed as soon as we are made aware of them. This process will either be done by the Administrators coming across them or fellow members flagging them up as such. Also, if members are being PM'd with bullying or aggressive content then notify an Administrator or email me directly at al@comicsuk.co.uk.

Offenders will be issued with a warning and if the offence occurs again, a ban will be issued. We appreciate that forums are places for people to agree and disagree with each other, but lines have to be drawn and general courtesy adhered to.

This is a comics forum but sometimes it feels like a blinking You-Tube Forum. I have also re-opened the Beano Punk topic (http://comicsuk.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.p ... unk#p73926) and started a new Beano - This week's issue topic (http://www.comicsuk.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... f=7&t=5780).

Please keep it nice and firm but fair.

Thank you all,

Al

Kid Robson

Re: Recent Events on the Forum

Post by Kid Robson »

Am I allowed to ask what precautions are in place to prevent people banding together in order to unjustifiably complain about someone they don't like? It seems to me that the illusion could be created that someone is being insulting or offensive if enough people with an agenda complain about that person, even when no insult or offence has actually taken place. An honest enquiry.

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

We are only interested in the content of the posts that are made on the boards. As stated in the top post of this topic, all posts that contain insults or flaming remarks will be removed when we see them or have them pointed out to us. These members will then be warned and banned if necessary. If member's receive similarly-toned PM's, we need to be notified and investigations will take place, even if it means interrogating at the database level.

We've now got a decent idea of who doesn't get on with who on the forums, so our heads are up!

Al

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

One clarification.

If your post is deleted, the place to challenge it is in Al's private messages or e-mail (or if you feel you cannot approach him, myself or Colin). If a thread is about the Beano, for example, then any discussion of how we run the site is automatically off-topic, and it will be deleted.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

I'll just be even more clear. If you want to query how this place is run you PM all three of the moderators. If you post on a comic topic about how this place is run, the post WILL be deleted, as it has no business being posted there. If this is not clear enough then sorry as I can not break it down any further.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Kid Robson

Post by Kid Robson »

AndyB wrote:One clarification.

If your post is deleted, the place to challenge it is in Al's private messages or e-mail (or if you feel you cannot approach him, myself or Colin). If a thread is about the Beano, for example, then any discussion of how we run the site is automatically off-topic, and it will be deleted.
I've approached you several times now, Andy, and am still waiting for a reply - even if just to say why you're not replying. I think I read the words 'general courtesy' in Al's comment, above. That's all I'm looking for.
Last edited by Kid Robson on 08 Oct 2013, 01:14, edited 1 time in total.

Kid Robson

Post by Kid Robson »

colcool007 wrote:I'll just be even more clear. If you want to query how this place is run you PM all three of the moderators. If you post on a comic topic about how this place is run, the post WILL be deleted, as it has no business being posted there. If this is not clear enough then sorry as I can not break it down any further.
Is that all three at the same time on the same matter? As in a carbon copy-type email to all three of you?

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Kid Robson wrote:
colcool007 wrote:I'll just be even more clear. If you want to query how this place is run you PM all three of the moderators. If you post on a comic topic about how this place is run, the post WILL be deleted, as it has no business being posted there. If this is not clear enough then sorry as I can not break it down any further.
Is that all three at the same time on the same matter? As in a carbon copy-type email to all three of you?
As in cc to all of us. That way you get a 100% guaranteed answer with no added fulmination

Kid Robson

Post by Kid Robson »

colcool007 wrote:
Kid Robson wrote:
As in cc to all of us. That way you get a 100% guaranteed answer with no added fulmination
Is there any way of doing that simultaneously, or do I have to type them out and send them to all three one at a time? To reiterate, is there any way to send all three of you the same message at the same time?

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Kid Robson wrote:Is there any way of doing that simultaneously, or do I have to type them out and send them to all three one at a time? To reiterate, is there any way to send all three of you the same message at the same time?
When you send a PM, you can add all three names to the addressee list. So it works in the same manner as most IT systems allowing you to send a message to several people at the same time.

Kid Robson

Post by Kid Robson »

colcool007 wrote:
Kid Robson wrote:Is there any way of doing that simultaneously, or do I have to type them out and send them to all three one at a time? To reiterate, is there any way to send all three of you the same message at the same time?
When you send a PM, you can add all three names to the addressee list. So it works in the same manner as most IT systems allowing you to send a message to several people at the same time.
Er, can't see addressee list once I've pressed PM. Where's it hiding?

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Reply sent via PM as requested.

Kid Robson

Post by Kid Robson »

colcool007 wrote:Reply sent via PM as requested.
Thanks, got it twigged.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

colcool007 wrote:If you want to query how this place is run you PM all three of the moderators.
I understand, Colin, that you are referring here to yourself, AndyB and Al. However, just for clarification purposes, and since Al is not actually listed as a moderator whereas grumpy old man is, although still highlighted in blue rather than in red, are we to include him in any query we might have about the running of the forum, or is he no longer a moderator? Just wondering, since it's some years since he last posted, whether he is still involved or not.