HAPPY CHILDHOOD

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

JT Mirana

HAPPY CHILDHOOD

Post by JT Mirana »

A tent, a Six Million Dollar Man, a Commando Comic and a Moonbase Alpha patch safety-pinned to my tracksuit. What more could a boy ask for? :)

Billythecat

Re: HAPPY CHILDHOOD

Post by Billythecat »

JT Mirana wrote:Image

A tent, a Six Million Dollar Man, a Commando Comic and a Moonbase Alpha patch safety-pinned to my tracksuit. What more could a boy ask for? :)
Love this mate. Commentary superfluous.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

Nice nostalgia!

I had an idea of taking a digital camera and retracing my childhood steps from my old house to the newsagents and back again, as I read the comic on the way home......although the newsagents is now gone, the actual route is still very recognizable, 45 years later.

Worth pursuing, or a bad idea?

JT Mirana

Post by JT Mirana »

Do it.

I'm rummaging through my old childhood photos and if I come across any other comic-associated ones,I'll post them for all your perusa

Glad you liked it, Billy! :)

Billythecat

Post by Billythecat »

ISPYSHHHGUY wrote:Nice nostalgia!

I had an idea of taking a digital camera and retracing my childhood steps from my old house to the newsagents and back again, as I read the comic on the way home......although the newsagents is now gone, the actual route is still very recognizable, 45 years later.

Worth pursuing, or a bad idea?
Yup do it. You might happen upon a bona fide trans-dimensional time portal and fall through it to blissful times.

Seriously though I think it would be a great thing to do.

Billythecat

Post by Billythecat »

JT Mirana wrote:Do it.

I'm rummaging through my old childhood photos and if I come across any other comic-associated ones,I'll post them for all your perusa

Glad you liked it, Billy! :)
JT I love stuff like that-images that capture so much of the magic of the times.