Big Finish reprint of the The Avengers

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

wilsia

Big Finish reprint of the The Avengers

Post by wilsia »

I know there are a few of us on this forum eagerly awaiting the reprint of The Avengers strip from DCT Diana comic. I have just received an e mail from Big Finish to say that is still on schedule to be released in November. Will make a nice book for underneath the Christmas tree.

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Big Finish reprint of the The Avengers

Post by Phoenix »

Great news, wilsia. Thanks for the heads up.

wilsia

Post by wilsia »

No problem Phoenix, I just got the e mail this morning from Big Finish this and I was delighted to hear it "hasn't" slipped

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

wilsia wrote:I know there are a few of us on this forum eagerly awaiting the reprint of The Avengers strip from DCT Diana comic. I have just received an e mail from Big Finish to say that is still on schedule to be released in November.
Has anybody seen this book yet? I'm really looking forward to reading it.

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

Unfortunately, there is nothing relating to the book on the Big Finish website. Worrying.

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

This is actually one of my must have items.

Gutted if its not happening...

wilsia

Post by wilsia »

When I was last speaking to Big Finish they said that they didn't want to put up a date yet on the website as they were still waiting on the printers to give them a more definite printing date

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

wilsia wrote:When I was last speaking to Big Finish they said that they didn't want to put up a date yet on the website as they were still waiting on the printers to give them a more definite printing date
Given their original apparent certainty about the publishing date, wilsia, could you possibly contact them again please to get some up-to-date clarity.

wilsia

Post by wilsia »

Phoenix, I've contacted them again and I'm waiting on a reply. Will keep you updated.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

wilsia wrote:Phoenix, I've contacted them again and I'm waiting on a reply. Will keep you updated.
Thanks, wilsia.

wilsia

Post by wilsia »

This is the response I got yesterday from Big Finish about the Avengers book

"It is due to be released next week before the end of the month but as yet we don't have a firm date."

I have to say it seems very vague, you would think you would have more of an idea.
when your book is due in from the printers

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

wilsia wrote:This is the response I got yesterday from Big Finish about the Avengers book

"It is due to be released next week before the end of the month but as yet we don't have a firm date."

I have to say it seems very vague, you would think you would have more of an idea.
when your book is due in from the printers
In fairness, Big Finish are experienced in producing CDs rather than books, so with one off jobs like this their printer may be fitting it in with many regular assignments and can't give them a definite day. That said, next week is the end of the month so it sounds like they've narrowed it down as much as they can.
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

wilsia

Post by wilsia »

Fair point Lew, will wait and see

Louis Crandell

Post by Louis Crandell »

On the Big Finish Facebook page, regarding titles released this month. Note the second item from the top.

Louis Crandell

Post by Louis Crandell »

And they discuss the collection in this video, around 35 minutes in. https://www.facebook.com/thebigfinish/v ... 218805689/