Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday site.

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderators: AndyB, colcool007

Post Reply
Phoenix
Guru
Posts: 5308
Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15

Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday site.

Post by Phoenix » 06 Feb 2017, 01:34

It is 12.35 a.m. and after two attempts to log in I have to report that I am currently unable to access the girlscomicsofyesterday site. The explanatory page suggests that perhaps the IP address has changed, or perhaps there has been a server misconfiguration, or maybe the site has moved to a different server. Sorry to disturb you, Lorraine, but could you shine any light on this please. You may need to contact your hosting provider webmaster@girlscomicsofyesterday.com.

Tammyfan
Posts: 1886
Joined: 23 Aug 2012, 10:41

Re: Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday sit

Post by Tammyfan » 06 Feb 2017, 01:57

Oh, you've noticed too, eh? :D

User avatar
peace355
Posts: 333
Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 22:32
Location: Uk
Contact:

Re: Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday sit

Post by peace355 » 06 Feb 2017, 10:17

The hosting server for the site is being upgraded, although they assured me the site should only be down for a short period of time while this is happening. I may have to contact them again if its still not back. Hopefully will be sorted soon!

Phoenix
Guru
Posts: 5308
Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15

Re: Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday sit

Post by Phoenix » 06 Feb 2017, 10:18

Thanks for the explanation in your PM, Briony. I look forward to its return, hopefully later today or sometime tomorrow. I find it a valuable resource. :D

Phoenix
Guru
Posts: 5308
Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15

Re: Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday sit

Post by Phoenix » 06 Feb 2017, 10:21

peace355 wrote:The hosting server for the site is being upgraded, although they assured me the site should only be down for a short period of time while this is happening. I may have to contact them again if its still not back. Hopefully will be sorted soon
Thank you for your response too, Lorraine.

User avatar
peace355
Posts: 333
Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 22:32
Location: Uk
Contact:

Re: Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday sit

Post by peace355 » 06 Feb 2017, 16:13

The site is back up again. It is still in a period a time of risk where it may become inaccessible again, but shouldn't go down for so long and all upgrades should be finished this week.

People may have to clear web browsing history before it opens up, I found I had to do this

Phoenix
Guru
Posts: 5308
Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15

Re: Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday sit

Post by Phoenix » 06 Feb 2017, 18:02

peace355 wrote:The site is back up again. It is still in a period a time of risk where it may become inaccessible again, but shouldn't go down for so long and all upgrades should be finished this week. People may have to clear web browsing history before it opens up, I found I had to do this.
Browsing history cleared, site now accessible. Thanks, Lorraine.

User avatar
paw broon
Posts: 1215
Joined: 29 Jan 2011, 19:13
Location: Falkirk, Scotland

Re: Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday sit

Post by paw broon » 06 Feb 2017, 18:36

Yes, it's an excellent site and a as Phoenix notes, a valuable resource. I had no trouble getting in and access via Opera was fast as you like.

Phoenix
Guru
Posts: 5308
Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15

Re: Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday sit

Post by Phoenix » 06 Feb 2017, 20:29

paw broon wrote:access via Opera was fast as you like
I've never heard of Opera, Paw. The only Opera I know, due to having lived and worked in Madrid for the best part of a year, is a Metro station that provided access to all the other stations on the Ventas to Cuatro Caminos line, and now, having been extended, also offers a kind of circular tour via a couple of city centralish stations to and from Canillejas. :)

Tammyfan
Posts: 1886
Joined: 23 Aug 2012, 10:41

Re: Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday sit

Post by Tammyfan » 07 Feb 2017, 10:43

I can't access the site on my iPhone or tablet. How do you clear the history there?

User avatar
koollectablz
Posts: 490
Joined: 05 Mar 2006, 18:30

Re: Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday sit

Post by koollectablz » 07 Feb 2017, 13:09

Go to Settings.

Then click on Safari. (or whatever browser youre using)

Then click on 'Clear History and Website Data'.

User avatar
paw broon
Posts: 1215
Joined: 29 Jan 2011, 19:13
Location: Falkirk, Scotland

Re: Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday sit

Post by paw broon » 07 Feb 2017, 14:51

"I've never heard of Opera, Paw. The only Opera I know, due to having lived and worked in Madrid for the best part of a year, is a Metro station that provided access to all the other stations on the Ventas to Cuatro Caminos line, and now, having been extended, also offers a kind of circular tour via a couple of city centralish stations to and from Canillejas. :)" Phoenix

Never having visited Madrid, and being a train/tram/metro fan, I have to thank you for the info. on the Metro system :D
However, if you haven't tried it, Opera is an alternative to IE and other web browsers and well worth downloading and using. Difference is it's faster, more secure than IE and now has a free vpn built in. I have it installed on my pc along with Firefox and have been using it more often recently.

Tammyfan
Posts: 1886
Joined: 23 Aug 2012, 10:41

Re: Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday sit

Post by Tammyfan » 07 Feb 2017, 19:48

koollectablz wrote:Go to Settings.

Then click on Safari. (or whatever browser youre using)

Then click on 'Clear History and Website Data'.
Thank you, it's better now.

Phoenix
Guru
Posts: 5308
Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15

Re: Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday sit

Post by Phoenix » 07 Feb 2017, 23:41

paw broon wrote:Opera is an alternative to IE and other web browsers and well worth downloading and using. Difference is it's faster, more secure than IE and now has a free vpn built in. I have it installed on my pc along with Firefox and have been using it more often recently.
Thank you, Paw, for that information. I've been using Firefox myself for many a long year, and as it hasn't fallen down I'm perfectly satisfied with it. I do have the option of IE, which I did use way back when, but I am only likely to use it again in exceptional circumstances.

Tammyfan
Posts: 1886
Joined: 23 Aug 2012, 10:41

Re: Access, or lack of it, to the girlscomicsofyesterday sit

Post by Tammyfan » 09 Feb 2017, 05:47

Phoenix wrote:
paw broon wrote:Opera is an alternative to IE and other web browsers and well worth downloading and using. Difference is it's faster, more secure than IE and now has a free vpn built in. I have it installed on my pc along with Firefox and have been using it more often recently.
Thank you, Paw, for that information. I've been using Firefox myself for many a long year, and as it hasn't fallen down I'm perfectly satisfied with it. I do have the option of IE, which I did use way back when, but I am only likely to use it again in exceptional circumstances.
I like Firefox too, though on occasion I have found it does not work with some sites and I have to use a different web browser.

Post Reply